Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Handmade Christmas

Since the holiday has passed, I can now show all of the handmade gifts I gave this year!
The first was a pair of hand towels for my mother-in-law. The embroidery worked pretty well on the towel fabric.

The second is a table topper I made for my grandma. It's so big, she might use it for a lap quilt instead!

The third is a table runner I made for my mom. We all laugh that I continue to say I'm not a quilter, but apparently I'm getting better at it.

The angel wall hanging was for my grandma-in-law. She loves angels and this applique was fun to make. Mom made the base and cut out all the pieces, her favorite part. I did the applique and stitching, my favorite part.

The ruler holder was a gift to me from my mom. Let me rephrase that. Back in February '09 my mom and I went to a sewing expo here in Tampa. She bought the pattern for the ruler holder bag and said she would make it for me for Christmas. I opened the box it was in, and withdrew the pattern! We made the bag together over the few days I was there. The embroidery design is from UrbanThreads.

And last are pictures of my flamingo guest bath. The towels I embroidered with my mom while she was here for Thanksgiving. The wall hanging we made over the Christmas break. I love having time off to just sew! This February my mom is coming back to Tampa for us to go to the sewing expo again. Hopefully will get more projects done at that time!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well.

1 comments:

SecondChanceChicken said...

WOW I wish I had been on your gift list!
Really cute and pretty stuff!

Post a Comment