Welcome to the Snowbirding Biathlon!
To qualify for the Snowbirding Biathlon the participants must:
1. Reside at least six months of the year in the New England Coastal area.
2. Reside in the winter months in the coastal areas of sunny Florida!
3. Wear a penguin suit.
Snowbirding Biathlon Regulations:
Round 1- Carving on the Water
Participants must complete a round of carving on their surfboards, with at least three turns before hitting the beach. The more turns before reaching the beach will reside in higher points. The participant will be wearing the penguin suit to add difficulty for balance and turns on the board. If the participant falls off their board, they are disqualified for the round!
Round 2 – 50 yd Timed Waddle
Once participants reach the beach, they must sand their boards and race in a 50 yd penguin waddle across the beach. The waddle winner will be competing against the time runs of the other participants. Runners will continue to compete in the penguin suit, adding difficulty to the waddle. Deductions will be made for falling over during the waddle.
The participant with the best score of water carves and run time will be the winner!
Bonus points awarded for the following:
1. Squawking like a penguin during the race.
2. Oldest Snowbirding competitor.
3. Dismounting from the surfboard in a penguin dive.